Monday, November 14, 2011

Christmas Craft To-Do List

I know it's still early November, and I'm not rushing through the Thanksgiving season, but I am trying to think ahead just a little bit to a few projects I want to have ready when it's time to decorate for Christmas.  This year I'd like to add a few new things into my Christmas decor, and have found about a jillion inspiring ideas online-either through blogs or Pinterest.  Here are a few that I'm hoping to get accomplished this year.


Hope Studios
I bookmarked (yes, it was before Pinterest!) this wreath 2 or 3 years ago and still love it.  I plan to have something similar hanging on my back door this year.  


Days of Chalk and Chocolate
Aren't these adorable?  I've already purchased the ornaments and need to start stripping the scales off of some pine cones.  Anticipating major glue gun burns on this one, but won't they be worth it?

Crafty Texas Girls
I have a few pillow ideas.  I've pinned this one...seems like it would be so easy to make and CUTE!  I also have an old sweater that was headed to the garage sale pile, but at the last minute, I thought "That would make a great Christmas pillow!"  We'll see how it turns out.

Under the Table and Dreaming
LOVE this advent wall hanging with a different ornament to hang on the tree each day.  My kids enjoy marking the days on a simple little snowman calendar, so I know they would love something like this.  And, it's so PRETTY!

Martha Stewart
Reindeer are one of my favorite things to get out at Christmas.  Aren't these glittered ones charming?  They would be so cute scattered around in vignettes or on a table scape.


Craptastic
Fur letters.  Oh. my.

Pinned Image
The Shabby Creek Cottage
How cute are these Scrabble tile ornaments?  Scrabble is one thing that I never see at garage sales or thrift stores...those little letters are a hot commodity!  If I can find some letters these would be a snap to make and add so much personality to the tree.


The REAL Housewives of Bucks County
Lastly, who doesn't have an extra frame, ornaments, and ribbon laying around?  Dig them out and make something cute!  This would be a super-quick project with a big impact!

I have a few free days this week and hope to get started on a few of these projects before the holidays hit in full force.  As my list grew while compiling this post, I realized most of these are probably just wishful thinking.  But, I'll try to get a few of them done this year and show you what I end up with!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am loving the sock pillows, the balls ornament wreath and the square "wreath"! so cute, and very inspirational! I need to find your pinterest and follow you :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun ideas, Jennifer! The pinecone ornament is my favorite, nature & glitz combined! I looked all summer for Scrabble at garage sales, no luck!

    btw, I had to scroll down and check out the bedroom again, just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your feedback! I read every comment and am always thrilled to hear from you. I try my hardest to respond by e-mail to your comments, but often a comment is not linked to an e-mail address and I have no way to respond to you. If you've asked a specific question about the post, I will try to answer it there, so check back! If you're having trouble commenting here, please feel free to hop over to my facebook page and leave a comment. Thanks!)